Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Speaking of Apples...



My mom sent my sisters-in-law and I her apple crisp recipe from her 1972 Betty Crocker Cook Book. This cook book is OLD. I can remember making my first batch of chocolate chip cookies from the recipe inside. I think I may be the recipient of this heirloom one day.
If you're interested in this delectable apple dessert here's the recipe:

APPLE CRISP

4 Cups/slices pared tart apples (you can use more)
2/3 - 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Oats
3/4 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
3/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
1/3 Cup Butter Softened

Oven Temp: 375. Grease square pan 8x8x8 (or double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan)
Place sliced apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples.
Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
YUM!!




1 comment:

Glennis said...

It is lovely I have made it myself, I think.
Greetings from New Zealand