Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hip Nerd-Alert! Hip Nerd-Alert!




I've saved these two pics from a former LUCKY magazine.
My best guess is that it was an early 2000 issue.
(You can see my little "yes" stickers attached to the pics).
Anyhow, at the time these pictures inspired me to get a short pixie haircut, which
I did, and it looked really cute until it started to grow out.
That was years ago. Luckily my hair has finally arrived at a manageable stage.

Hairstyle set aside, I love the hip nerd look.
Funky glasses, soft thin sweater with a bright print peeking through
paired with long wide leg trousers and strappy heels/flats.
What constantly amazes me about Lucky is how timeless and classic
the majority of the outfits are in each of their issues.
This is a look that can easily work today as it did 8-9 years ago.

(Top picture-blogger's own clothing: Old Navy blouse, Gap Red Corduroy Skirt,
H&M Heather Gray Sweater Vest, Timbuk2 Messenger Bag.)



No comments: