Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year - New Stuff - New Contemplation


I tend to use the word "stuff" a lot. In my opinion "stuff" is an
all encompassing word, kind of like the Spanish word cosa (thing).
(You know, la cosa, that thing, that stuff...over there).
So, this year my goal is to branch out more. I'm going to take
some risks with music and style and other "stuff."

Lately my music genre has been what my friend Chelsea describes
as "coma" music. The type of music that
is more soothing and contemplating than the usual
jump off the rooftops and dance, dance, dance-music.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been scouring my
music resources...Pandora/Google/iTunes Store/Myspace/and friends.
I'd like to share my current finds with you.
I'll make you a little playlist from what I've found,
and if you feel inclined to share, or add your own...
the more the merrier! :)


Everyday - Carly Comando
Just Like Honey - The Jesus and Mary Chain
Inside/Outside - Free Association
The Ballad of Sarah and Jack - David Holmes
Pulling Our Weight - The Radio Dept.
I Feel Like Going Home - Yo La Tengo
Shanghai - Free Association
Heartbeats - Jose Gonzalez
Girls - Death in Vegas
Black Flowers - Yo La Tengo
You Are Dreaming - Shout Out Louds
California (All the Way) - Luna
Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
The Melody of a Fallen Tree - Windsor For The Derby











1 comment:

Sara said...

We are musical opposites then. I really like is music I can dance and/or move around to. Doesn't have to be fast, but I like a strong beat.

Currently I am in my office listening to the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. I have caught myself dancing in my chair several times already! Seriously.